Click on the following links for some recommended resources on a variety of topics! We are constantly updating this section, so if you have a topic that isn’t currently here that you’d love to find out about but don’t know where to start, please contact us.
– This Greg Bahnsen debate. The first port of call for anyone engaging an atheist.
– This Creation or Chaos teaching series by R.C. Sproul. (Not all the lectures in this series are free, but they are well worth your money!)
– William Webster’s lectures on ‘Roman Catholic Tradition: It’s Roots and Evolution’ is excellent for understanding the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
– James White’s debates with Roman Catholics are so helpful for understanding both sides of the argument.
– This talk on the Trinity
Canon (if you’re wondering why our Bibles have the books they have)
– Michael Kruger’s book ‘Canon Revisited’
– This article on facts about the NT canon
– This article on the misconceptions about the NT canon
If you want to read the Bible with a friend, pick up one of our bookmarks / invitations next time you’re at Lights for passages to read and questions to discuss (5Rs © AFES).
– This article for an overview of the different beliefs surrounding creation that Christians hold
– Reasons.org for arguments for Old Earth Creationism
– Answersingenesis.org for arguments for Young Earth Creationism
– Sye Tenbruggencate’s ‘How to answer the Fool’ video
– Gotquestions.org – A good website for answers to a lot of common questions about Christianity
– fervr – Articles, reviews and videos for Christian teens
– ‘Desiring God’ website – A great website full of helpful sermons and articles on almost every topic, by John Piper and others
– These great podcasts:
– ‘ESV: Every Day in the Word’ (I try to listen to this each day to cover a lot of territory in the Bible)
– R.C. Sproul’s ‘Renewing your mind’
– Todd Friel’s ‘Wretched Radio’
– James White’s ‘The Dividing Line’
– Albert Mohler’s ‘The Briefing’
– Albert Mohler’s ‘Thinking in Public’
– Reformed Forum’s ‘Christ the Center’
– Michael Horton’s ‘White Horse Inn’